Come and be a part of a Willow’s Life Group, where you get to meet and form relationships with others in our church. This is the place where church matters and sermons are discussed, biblical material is reviewed together, fellowship, prayer and outreach all takes place in a relaxed, informal setting at home or at church.
As Hebrews 10:24-25 says, “Let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Life Groups are the building blocks of the church and a place where people:
- Enjoy fellowship.
- Learn about God’s Word.
- Are nurtured, spiritually and emotionally.
- Build each other up.
- Become accountable to each other.
- Form lasting friendships.
- Have fun.
- Serve together within the church.
- Reach out and help others within our community.
- Pray for one another, our church and for our community.
- Grow in your faith and maturity in Christ – journeying together with your Life Group.
There are numerous Life Groups at Willows that are headed by a passionate leadership team. Meeting dates, venues and times vary - so there is definitely a Life Group that will suit you!
Everyone is welcome, so come and experience Willows’ hospitality, encouragement, prayer, spiritual growth and support in a relaxed, enjoyable environment. Become part of a community of believers who care and share with one another.
It is our goal to see our Life Groups flourishing and attracting more and more people into their care.
If you would like more information about the Life Groups at Willows, please contact the Ministry Leader by using the abovementioned details.
This ministry offers the opportunity to lead people into a closer relationship with God, provide an opportunity for fellowship with other Christians and lend an ear or a helping hand to people who need it.
The Serving Opportunities in the Life Group Ministry include, being:
The Life Group Shepherd, which involves:
- Nurturing, caring for and guiding the Shepherds of Life Groups towards spiritual maturity.
- Providing guidance and oversight to the Shepherds of Life Groups.
- Being a good example to others.
- Establishing trust and loyalty within the Life Groups’ structure.
- Managing effective communication between the Shepherds of Life Groups and the leadership of the church.
- Being the Head Shepherd that represents the Life Groups in the various ministry forums.
A Life Group Leader, which involves:
- Nurturing, caring for and guiding the members of Life Group towards salvation and spiritual maturity.
- Providing support and encouragement to the Life Group members.
- Leading the Life Group through the discussions on the sermons and biblical material.
- Managing effective communication between the Life Group Shepherds and members.
- Growing the number of members in the Life Group and forming new Life Groups.
- Identifying and training up new Life Group Leaders within the Life Group.
A Life Group Member, which involves:
- Being committed to and supporting the group through regular attendance.
- Showing concern and support for fellow members by caring and praying with and for them.
- Having a desire for fellowship and spiritual growth.
If you are interested in becoming involved in this ministry, please contact the church office.