“There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under Heaven.” Eccl 3:1
The senior members at Willows have seen many seasons come and go, continuing forward confidently in the knowledge that the steadfast love of Father God will remain their faithful companion throughout. These men and women, among them many married couples, are for the most part retired. Many are still very active in various areas of life, with some still running businesses. This group has bound themselves together in a social fellowship known as “Evergreens”.
The Evergreens meet every third Friday of each month in the foyer of the church, creating opportunities for those in their golden years to not only form new friendships, but also to find comfort and listening ears where there is that need.
Programmes are varied, from dealing with health issues, being entertained by talented musicians, to quiz mornings, Bingo, “Beetle” and much more. We also use the expertise of our own members, many of whom have made their mark in the medical and other fields.
Our meetings always include plenty of delicious eats, tea and coffee.
We are aware of the social needs in the wider community. Every year we are involved in supporting an outreach project where we help by supplying goods to various organisations.
So … get off your couch, turn off the television and make your way down to Evergreens! This is not a season for isolation, but a season for community.
This ministry offers the opportunity to spread God’s love to the elderly.
The Serving Opportunities in the Evergreens Ministry include being:
The Convener, which involves:
- Co-ordinating the management of the ministry.
- Coordinating the monthly meetings.
- Keeping records of the ministry members.
- Managing the communications within the ministry.
- Overseeing the arrangements for the monthly meetings.
Treasurer, which involves:
- Managing the finances for the ministry, including financial records.
- Collecting the monthly donations.
Regular Helper, which involves:
- Assisting with setting up and clearing the venue at the monthly meetings.
Attendees, which involves:
- Attending the monthly meetings and fellowshipping with others.
If you are interested in becoming involved in this ministry, please contact the church office.