Our values align to God’s Word and to what we believe God expects from us as His children.
- We are called to seek and embrace the lost and needy in our community because each of them matters to God.
- Every aspect of our lives is an act of worship that brings glory to God.
- We strive to excel in all things, for excellence honours God.
- We are called to be faithful stewards of all that God entrusts to us.
- We believe that everything we do for the sake of the Gospel must be inspired, directed and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- Biblical truth is the final authority and catalyst for spiritual transformation.
- We believe that life change takes place primarily in community within small groups.
- Strong, healthy families are the foundation of a strong, healthy church.
- We believe that every human need is met in Jesus Christ.
- We are called to guard the dignity of all persons through mutual acceptance, honour and respect.
- We are called to be servant leaders based on the model of Christ.
- We believe that Christ invites us to enjoy and celebrate life.
Our values at Willows
1. We are called to seek and embrace the lost and needy in our community because each of them matters to God. Luke 5:30-32, Luke 15, Matt 18:14, Matt 28:18-20, 2 Peter 3:9
We believe that all people are the object of God's love and compassion and that He commands every Christ-follower to bear witness to this love and compassion by intentionally reaching out to the spiritually lost and the physically needy in the world.
Tough Question: When last did you share your faith with someone in need of Christ? When last did you demonstrate Christ's love to someone needy?
2. Every aspect of our lives is an act of worship that brings glory to God. Rom 12:1-2, Jn 4:23-24, Jn 15:7, Col 3:1-17, Rom 11:36, Rev 4:11
We believe that true worship is not an event but that every activity can be transformed into an act of worship when we do it for the praise, glory and pleasure of God. To this end, God calls us to live a life of holiness, obedience and total devotion and surrender to His will through the constant infilling of the Holy Spirit.
Tough Question: Is your every thought, word and deed an act of worship that brings pleasure and glory to God?
3. We strive to excel in all things, for excellence honours God. Col 3:17, Mal 1:6-14, Ps 65, Prov 27:17
We believe that God does not call us to choose what is better, but what is best.
Tough Question: Are you striving to do your best in whatever area of ministry God has called you to serve?
4. We are called to be faithful stewards of all that God entrusts to us Ps 24:1, Matt 6:34, Ps 104:19-23, Matt 25:14-30, Prov 3:9, Mal 3:6-12, Deut 16:17
We believe that God is the owner of all things and calls us to be good stewards of all that he has entrusted to us, both materially and spiritually.
Tough Question: Are you being an obedient and faithful steward of all that God has entrusted into your care?
5. We believe that everything we do for the sake of the Gospel must be inspired, directed and empowered by the Holy Spirit. 1 Cor 12 & 14, Rom 12, Eph 4, Ps 133:1, 1 Peter 2:9
We believe in the priesthood of all believers, whereby every Christ-follower is able to discover and exercise his/her gift/s given by the Holy Spirit to His church. We believe that it is only through the inspiration, direction and empowering of the Holy Spirit that any work we do for God can bear fruit
Tough Question: To what extent are you exercising your spiritual gifts in serving Christ or serving Him in the energy of the flesh?
6. Biblical truth is the final authority and catalyst for spiritual transformation. 2 Tim 3:16, 2 Pet 1:20-21
We believe that God has spoken to us through the Scriptures and that the Bible has a response to every human need or situation.
Tough Question: Is there any biblical teaching that you are knowingly violating?
7. We believe that life change takes place primarily in community within small groups. John 13:34-35, Acts 2:42-47, Heb 10:24-25, Luke 6:12-13
We believe that God is community and that it is part of His intended design that those who He has created in His own image should express this community in life groups. It is in such community whereby relationships of intimate, mutual and voluntary submission between believers foster an environment for forgiveness, acceptance, care and accountability for spiritual growth.
Tough Question: Do you currently belong to a Life Group where you are being held accountable for your spiritual growth and development?
8. Strong, healthy families are the foundation of a strong, healthy church. Eph 5:22 - 6:4, Col 3:18-21, Deut 6:4-13
We believe that it is the primary responsibility of Christian parents to impart the biblical truth of God's Word to their children both through teaching and example. We believe that an open environment for dialogue and discussion between family members be encouraged to withstand the mounting pressures that come to bear on the family unit.
Tough Question: When last did you share as a family around God's Word?
9. We believe that every human need is met in Jesus Christ. Col 2:9-10, Eph 1:3-14, 2 Pet 1:3, 1 Cor 1:30, 2 Cor 12:9
We believe in the all-sufficiency of Christ to satisfy every human need - spiritual, mental, physical or emotional - without exception.
Tough Question: What need have you not surrendered to the all-sufficiency of Christ?
10. We are called to guard the dignity of all persons through mutual acceptance, honour and respect. Matt 22:39, Rom 12: 10, Rom 13:10, 1 Cor 13, Gal 4:13-14, Eph 4:2
We believe that every person, regardless of colour, culture or creed, is born in the image of God and should be embraced with the grace and love of God in Christ Jesus.
Tough Question: Do you treat all people with dignity, regardless of gender, culture, economic or social status, religion or sexual orientation?
11. We are called to be servant leaders based on the model of Christ. Matt 20:28, Jn 13:12-17, Phil 2:5-11, Matt 20:26, 1 Cor 4:1-2, Acts 20:28, 1 Tim 4:15-16, Matt 18:4, Luke 22:26-27, I Cor 4:2, Heb 7:17, 1 Pet 5:2
We are called to lead by example, exercising humble, godly leadership, as was demonstrated by Christ when he washed His disciples’ feet. God calls the greatest to be the least, the first to be the last, in leading, equipping and empowering God’s people to accomplish His purpose and plan.
Tough Question: Do you lead others by example, with integrity and humility? Are you willing to take up the towel of servanthood?
Are we willing to be regarded as either the least or the last for the sake of the Kingdom?
12. We believe that Christ invites us to enjoy and celebrate life. Dt 6:2, Ps 37:3, 1 Tim 6:17, Lk 15:23, Jn 10:10, Prov 13:7, Isa 26:3
We believe in a God who gives us life in all its fullness to be realised and enjoyed within the realm of His loving will and purpose for our lives.
Tough Question: Are you able to celebrate life no matter what your circumstances are?